Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Apologies

It seems an odd question but should one apologize for not blogging. After all blogging is usually more of a personal outlet than anything. Especially in this instance where this is not a money-making venture. But then again the only way I keep in touch with some people is by viewing their blogs, so along those lines of thought...
I am sorry. I am alive. I have been busy. But not that busy, it probably has more to do with not really having much to write about. How often do you post about work before it becomes boring? Once, twice, daily for months on end? =)
I did get a second job. I suppose that's news. I'm teaching at Practical Dental Assisting. Just on Saturdays, since Ave works and I just get bored. Plus I love teaching!
Other than that... Ave started school again. Boo! He started his graduate program so only two years left. Yay! He's been busy trying to finalize his master's project and I've just been trying to be supportive and pay his tuition. I'm a good sugar mama!
Hmmm... what else. Oh yeah. The whole sugar mama thing, it's now legit.
=) As in I am finally fricking pregnant!!!!!!
Ok... So I'm proud of myself for holding it in that long. Two whole paragraphs! Aren't you proud? I'm officially seven weeks so still really early, I should be waiting but after trying for so long and a couple early miscarriages... getting this far feels like a huge accomplishment. By announcing this I'm hoping it makes it more real, not jinxing it. So if for some reason I stop talking about the pregnancy, just assume I don't want to tell you why.
But let's think cheerful, happy, positive, baby sticking thoughts! Like I said this is the farthest we've ever gotten. My Dad has been taking me down every week for ultrasounds to ensure everything is coming along nicely. So far so good. It pays to have connections. I'm hoping to have a better picture to post soon. For the moment it's a large void with a squiggy spot in the middle... which is growing so fast!!! He said by next week the skeletal structure starts to form, which it makes it easier to differentiate baby tissue from mommy tissue. Wierd!
Now that I have news... I can start posting again. I know you're all on the edge of your chair.

7 comments:

Hanna said...

I wondered how long you would hold out. I am, of course, very happy for you.

Trish said...

We are soooo super excited for you! Does Grandma know yet? Well probably not, since I haven't had eighty phone calls yet. Congrats again!

Blake and Audra said...

Since march (your last post) I have been randomly looking at your blog for this very news. I am so excited for you and Avery. I hope April comes VERY soon!

webster farm said...

Yay! I am so excited for you guys! Graidy will have a little cousin for his mommy to smother! Love ya guys and I'm having "baby sticking thoughts" -Auntie Kys

Jeana said...

i'm really excited for you! i hope everything keeps going well :)

Teea Lamb said...

YAY!!!!!!!! We are so excited for you guys! Positive baby sticking thoughts are flying your way! :) Love you guys!

AdaMandy said...

Congrats! Hope everything goes great for you guys! Welcome back to the blogging world!